LEAD MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Perform duties to assist Maintenance Manager to maintain the flow of work in the production maintenance work areas.Under general supervision:
- Ensure all operations and personnel meet all safety, environmental & housekeeping requirements and maintain an accident and injury free culture.
- Model the right behavior in terms of initiative, compliance, moral character (honor, integrity, courage) and work ethic to create teamwork and mutual respect between shifts.
- Build team spirit, pride and camaraderie within team.
- Champion ISO, lean and six sigma, demonstrating knowledge and commitment to the process. Uphold and sustain 5S projects.
- Ensure all team members are trained in all aspects of their role, including health and safety and quality control instructions, in order to maintain a cross functional, multi skilled workforce.
- Utilize performance based management tools to improve the standard of performance of the team members.
- Conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations to manager.
- Deploy resources to best meet daily production goals and on time delivery.
- Work with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to maintain project work flow and to assign and ensure preventative and predicative maintenance work orders and inspections are performed, as scheduled.
- Monitor employee work activities, troubleshoot and diagnose unusual problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Coordinate project work activities with both internal and external resources to maintain project work flow and meet deadlines.
- Monitor and maintain supplies, tools and part inventory and order, as needed.
- Document print/procedure changes and create and/or update work instructions, as required.
- Maintain Plex attendance records.
- Keep Maintenance Manager informed of unusual problems or delays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED and at least 5 years of experience.
- Good project management skills.
- Should have good understanding with electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and PLC’s.
- Use computer and other common office equipment, electrical and gas welding equipment, pneumatic hand tools, power tools, tape measure, micrometer, calipers and other measuring tools, forklift truck, overhead crane, aerial lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and a variety of other hand tools.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio for flow charting and AutoCAD
Participate in all required training classes per employee personnel qualification checklist maintaining a minimum 70% cumulative grade if tests are given.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager