TC Specializes in:
- Hardness Testing
- Tensile Testing
- Charpy Impact Testing
Hardness Testing Capabilities
- Brinell testing measures hardness by impressing a 10mm tungsten carbide ball into the surface of the material with a 3000kg load. The diameter of the impression is measured with a portable microscope and converted into a Brinell Hardness Number (HBW). Testing is in accordance with ASTM E10 and A370.
- Rockwell testing measures hardness by pressing either a 1/16″ diameter steel ball or a diamond penetrator into the material surface. The Rockwell test measures the depth of the penetration and hardness is read directly on a dial or digital readout. Testing is conducted in accordance with ASTM E18 and A370.
Hardness Testing Equipment
- Two 4-post hydraulic Brinell machines can test bars up to 12″ diameter. Two C-type hydraulic Brinell machines are used for testing small sections and samples.
- A United digital Rockwell hardness testing tester and a Wilson analog Rockwell hardness tester for testing to the B, C, 15N and 30N scales.
- King portable Brinell hardness testers.
Charpy Impact Testing Equipment
- A 400 Ft-lb optically encoded Charpy impact tester for charpy impact testing in accordance with ASTM E23 and A370. Testing at temperatures down to -80 F is achieved with a liquid chiller.
Tensile Testing Equipment
- A 400,000 pound capacity tensile machine for tensile testing in accordance with ASTM A370 and ASTM E8.
- Two Mazak CNC lathes with live tooling for preparing precise tensile and charpy impact test specimens to ASTM standards.
- Two band saws, two large wet abrasive saws and a laboratory metallographic saw used for sectioning and preparing samples.
You must be logged in to post a comment.