TCI Production System
TC Industries ISO Accreditation
TC Industries is committed to achieving and maintaining ISO accreditation in all relevant business areas. ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. Established in 1947, ISO currently represents the global standards for more than 140 countries. Its mission is to promote the development of standardization and related activities for facilitating the international exchange of goods and services, as well as develop cooperation in the areas of intellectual, scientific, technological and economic activities.
- In Manufacturing, TC Industries has achieved ISO 9001:2015 accreditation for the development of a quality management system that meets or exceeds ISO standards. TC Industries has been ISO 9001 accredited since 2000.
- In Environmental Management, TC Industries has achieved ISO 14001:2015 accreditation for the development of an environmental management system that meets or exceeds ISO standards. TC Industries has been ISO 14001 accredited since 2007.
- In Testing, TC Industries’ Test Center in Crystal Lake, IL has achieved ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation for the development of testing system that meets or exceeds ISO standards.
In addition to a number of specific quality programs, TC Industries embraces the toolset, methodology and mindset of Six Sigma, a business management strategy originally developed by Motorola in 1981. Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. TC Industries’ Six Sigma commitment coordinates with and builds on other quality initiatives. The rigorous data-driven decision making of Six Sigma is at work in every TC Industries business and function, driving out defects and variation.
TC Industries applies Six Sigma to improve current operations while developing innovative solutions to transactional and manufacturing issues. TC Industries’ commitment to Six Sigma involves a focus on increasing customer satisfaction leading to an unprecedented level of customer loyalty.
TC Industries deployed its Six Sigma program in 2004 and is proud to have 17 team members who have achieved Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and two team members who have achieved Master Black Belt Certification.
TC Industries Lean Production System
In addition to other quality programs, TC Industries actively employs Lean manufacturing via the following processes:
- Single-piece production
- Repetitive order characteristics
- Just-In-Time materials/pull scheduling
- Short cycle times
- Quick changeover
- Continuous flow work cells
- Co-located machines, equipment, tools and people
- Optimal Space Utilization
- Multi-skilled employees
- Flexible workforce
- Empowered employees
- High first-pass yields with major reductions in defects
You must be logged in to post a comment.